1. Terms and Conditions of use
It is an Information Notice, pursuant to Articles 13 and 22 of the Personal Data Protection Code (Legislative Decree 196/03, the so-called Privacy Code) and to the obligations of the General Resolution on cookies adopted by the Italian Data Protection Authority on May 8, 2014, provided to those who connect to the website www.sel-electric.com of SEL S.p.A.
The Information Notice is given solely for the above mentioned website (hereinafter “Website” or “this Website”) and its subdomains, if any, and does not cover any other websites consulted by users via the Website links.
The above mentioned Website is owned and managed by SEL S.p.A.
2. Browsing data
The IT systems and software procedures that ensure the functioning of this Website, acquire personal data in the course of their standard operation which are implicitly communicated whilst using Internet communication protocols.
This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects; yet, by reason of its nature, it might allow for users/visitors to be identified (e.g. IP addresses, domain names of the computers of users connecting to the Website, the code indicating the status of the server’s response, the type of browser. etc.) via processing with data held by third parties.
This data is used solely for statistical information (and thus are anonymous) and to check the proper operation of the Website.
No data deriving from the web service will be communicated or disseminated.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
Cookies serve different purposes. First of all, they are used to carry out the transmission of a communication or to provide the service requested by the user; specifically, they enable the operation and optimization of the website, the performance of IT authentication and the prevention of unlawful use, the monitoring of sessions; they also improve the browsing experience of users.
These cookies are “technical” (the user’s prior consent is not necessary), because some of the aforesaid operations could not be carried out or would be more complex and/or less secure without them.
3.1 Third party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use Google Analytics.
(http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/) provided by the company Google..
- To ensure a better use of the website and of its audio-visual content
- Authentication and management of a browsing session (for example, to identify and validate the user to access the Reserved Area)
- To customize the user interface (e.g., to store user preferences such as language, currency, page display format, connection area)
3.3 How can I deactivate cookies?
In the following you will find a summary of links that provide detailed information on the deactivation of cookies in commonly used browsers.
Permission to use, copy and distribute the documentation published by SEL Group on this World Wide Web server is hereby granted on the condition that each copy contains this copyright notice in its entirety and that no part of the documentation is used for commercial purposes but restricted to use for information purposes within an organization.
5. Accuracy of the information provided
All information published on this website is provided as is without any representation or warranty of any kind either express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Any SEL documentation may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes and additions may be made by SEL from time to time to any information contained herein.
6. User-submitted information
Certain parts of the site contain information submitted by visitors of the site. Examples are discussion forums and comments on blog postings.
6.1. SEL’s responsibility for user-submitted information
The site acts as a passive channel for online distribution of user-submitted information. SEL will not screen information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring posted material. The user-submitted information does not reflect SEL’s views and SEL does not have any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any user-submitted information. SEL assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the user-submitted information.
We may store and process information submitted by users on our site in any country in which SEL or our hosting providers maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of information you submit among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
6.2 Appropriate conduct when submitting information
Information submitted by you must be correct and avoid language and content which may be regarded as inappropriate by other users. All information entered must be in compliance with local laws.
You are responsible for your own conduct and communications and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the site only to send and receive messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the context.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the site, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- Upload, post or otherwise make available any inappropriate, defamatory, obscene, or unlawful content
- Upload, post or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of the rights, or have the permission of the owner or other legal justification to use such content
- Upload, post or otherwise make available any other content, message, or communication prohibited by applicable law, the Terms and Conditions or any other applicable policies or guidelines
- Download any file posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner
- Impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of Content, software or other material
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities
- Promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature
6.3 Abusive user-submitted information
Any user can report incorrect, misleading or abusive information or content which does not conform to these Terms and Conditions by contacting the system administrators using the link provided.
SEL reserves the right to remove or change user-submitted information which violates these Terms and Conditions without any liability to the user. SEL reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the service for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law.
6.4 Your rights
SEL claims no ownership or control over any content submitted by you. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any information you submit and you are responsible for protecting those rights. By submitting information, you grant SEL a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt and publish the information for the purpose of display and distribution. This license terminates when such information is deleted from the website.